Must-Do's on the First Day of Your Carnival CruisePosted on 06/19/2019
A Carnival cruise means you’ll have a vacation packed with fun onboard and ashore. So once you’ve grabbed a drink and
celebrated at the sailaway party it’s time to get organized so you can relax and have the best time.
“First Thing’s First” Activities
Take care of some housekeeping right away as your trip gets underway.
- Say hello to your stateroom steward: He or she is responsible for making your room and amenities as comfy as possible and answering any questions you may have.
- Download the Carnival Hub App available for free on Google Play and iTunes. Through the app, you’ll be able to find out what’s happening onboard, view your ship map, find food and drinks, manage your account balance, and so much more!
- Kids clubs: If your traveling with kids, or even teenagers, it’s a good idea to book kids club times on day one. Book Camp Ocean for the 2 to 11 age crowd, Circle “C” for the 12- to 14-year-olds and Club O2 for 15- to 17-year-olds.
- Tours: Grab your shore excursions and tours if you haven’t pre-booked. Popular shore activities fill up fast!
- Spa: Depending on the ship you’re on, you’re able to book a facial treatment or hair appointment at the onboard hair and beauty salon. Or spend some time in the onboard Medi-spa and a soak in Cloud 9 Spa’s Thalassotherapy Pool.
- Explore the Ship: You don’t want to miss a beat while you’re cruising, that’s why taking the time to explore the ship is well worth the time. With 26 ships all featuring its own unique twist on Carnival-style fun, some activity areas may be located in different places and possibly on different decks on various ships, but that’s half the fun of exploring your new floating home.
Explore Your Dining Options
From onboard eateries, pubs, bars and dessert places, the sky’s the limit when it comes to your onboard food options, but just remember to do the following.
- Reservations: Make any specialty dining reservations should you choose to eat in a restaurant. For example, if you’re hankering for a juicy steak at the onboard Steakhouse, it’s highly recommended you make your reservations, even if you do book them online.
- Restrictions: Arrange for any dietary restrictions with your head waiter or dining room host before mealtime.
Now that your first day is behind you and you’ve identified where you’ll eat, drink and be merry, you’ll be able to finally say, “I’m on vacation! Choose Fun.