Italian Elegance (Preview 2019)
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided visit of St Peter's Basilica and see other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Florence: During your guided walking exploration, see the cathedral, bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Signoria Square. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Italian Lakes: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Verona: See the well-preserved Roman Arena and stand beneath Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: Cruise to St Mark's Square by private launch. See St Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Scenic Drives: Tuscan Hills, Apennines, Dolomites, Italian Lake District.
- Vatican City: Enjoy an exclusive VIP Highlight Dinner at the Vatican's Cortile del Giardino Quadrato, whilst enjoying views of the cupola of St. Peters, should weather permit.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan ice-cream parlour of World Champion gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli for a taste of his finest frozen treats.
- Tuscany: In the Tuscan countryside, where deep-green cypress trees pierce blue skies and olive groves hug the rolling hillsides, taste the wines of an eminent estate.
- Lucca: Visit a traditional steam bakery and sample Buccellato, the sweet raisin bread typical of the region.
- Cinque Terre: Savour a freshly-prepared Farm-to-Table meal, made of locally sourced, seasonal ingredients typical of the region.
- Venice: Enjoy a special Venetian Celebration Dinner with wine in a restaurant situated in the heart of this historic city.
- Included Quality Dining: 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Vatican City: Be among the select few to gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and see Michelangelo’s ceiling in the Sistine Chapel.
- Florence: Stand beside Michelangelo’s monumental statue, David, in the Accademia Gallery, while an art expert explains the exquisite technique and absorbing history behind the world's most famous sculpture.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Tuscany: The Borgo San Luigi is a restored 17th century country palazzo, once owned by the Duchy of Tuscany, offering high-quality service in a peaceful setting in the heart of the Tuscan countryside.
- Cortina d'Ampezzo Encircled by the beautiful Dolomite Alps, Cortina's delightful Hotel Ancora is built in the characteristic Ampezzano style with wooden balconies and intricately carved and painted interior details.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's Pietà, and the splendid dome.
- Vatican City: Visit the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age.
- Florence: During your guided walk see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery. Visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Siena: Explore medieval Siena with a Local Expert and visit the cathedral.
- Cinque Terre: With your Local Expert, cruise to and explore two of the villages of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Portofino: Cruise from Santa Margherita and get a taste of the sweet life in this elegant fishing village.
- Italian Lake District: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, passing water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces where once the likes of Casanova would have come calling.
- Scenic Drives: Fall in love with the iconic scenery of the rolling Tuscan Hills, the Apennines and Dolomites mountain ranges and the Italian Lake District.