Viv's Travel Tips: Why Use a Travel Advisor?Posted on 02/18/2021
Want to rent a beach house in Mexico and do it all yourself? It’s simple. Just type “Mexico beach house rentals” into Google, then wade through the 27 million responses - most of which look the same, and you can’t tell whether they are good or bad, legitimate or scams.
Things can get complicated even when trying to plan something simple, like searching for airfares. The major search sites routinely leave out flights, and even entire airlines. A lot of the flights they do show are ones you don’t want, starting with fares that have tons of restrictions and fees, so the price you see isn’t the one you end up paying.
But choosing the right airline ticket is only one small part of the trip-planning puzzle. Here are the top reasons to book with a travel advisor that everyone should be aware of before they book a trip:
- They will be able to find the best deals, with the most exclusive offers
- You're protected!
- You can pay in installments
- You can speak to someone face to face
- They do all the work so you save on time and money!
- You get expert advice. it’s their job to stay on top of travel trends and upcoming hot destinations, so they can customize your trip to exactly what you want-- even if you didn’t know you wanted it!
- They’ll take care of the little things, like little add-ons that you would normally have to pay for
- Ease of changes and cancellations.
Travel advisors not only help you plan your vacation, but they can act as your vacation advocate. They'll find you the best prices. And if something bad happens — such as a canceled flight or a missed connection — they'll help clean up the mess. From guaranteeing your hotel is available to knowing if the tour company is legitimate, booking through a travel agent ensures travelers will not get duped. On top of that, they can provide insurance for medical emergencies and trip cancellations. So for your next trip, consider booking through Travels by Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org!